People’s Management School
Peoples Management School was established in 1991 to work towards the following goals:
- Strengthen knowledge and learning systems at both the organisational and community levels to increase performance towards the vision (i.e. increasing communities’ ownership of their own development process).
- Build and strengthen relationships with external stakeholders to increase cooperation for development
- While programs focus their research within their specific fields, PMS is free to look at current issues and multidisciplinary issues where Seva Mandir isn’t working.
- There needs to be independent program evaluation that can help identify gaps in programs and make recommendations for improvement
- PMS produces the LFA annual report which monitors and evaluates the objectives and impacts of every program.
- PMS conducts independent research on areas not currently covered by Seva Mandir programs and often pilots and mainstreams new initiatives that work in these areas.
This year we analyzed the data from staff evaluations to do better trainings related to what they needed to work on, such as computer skill development (Hindi typing etc.)
It used to be more personality and leadership training, but now the focus has shifted towards computer related issues.
- With an organization as large as Seva Mandir’s there needs to be proper co-ordination between departments. PMSs aims to make this process more efficient. However it is still a major challenge.
- Volunteer and Internship Program
- Research Monitoring and Evaluation
- Capacity Building
- Library and Documentation
- Children’s Corner
If you would like to support our People’s Management School or any of its specific interventions please visit our Donation Page
For more information please Contact Us