- A strategic review of Seva Mandir March 13, 2017
- Child Marriage: Preeti and Manju March 10, 2017
- Trafficking in Kherwara Block, Udaipur March 10, 2017
- Helping strengthen government preschool centres November 14, 2016
- Kotra block: a snapshot of livelihoods November 14, 2016
- Seva Mandir 1968-2018: Celebrating our past, inspiring our future November 14, 2016
- Women leaders bringing justice and reconciliation July 6, 2016
Rajasthan to develop pastureland under MGNREGS now – The Hindu
Seva Mandir with the Panchayati Raj will develop pasture lands in villages of Udaipur under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme. The first project has been launched in Chhali and Amleta villages of Udaipur District.
On Oct 15, 2011 the project was inaugurated in these villages by State Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Bharat Singh. He said, This is the first instance when a voluntary institution together with the Panchayat under the MNREGS are working on a development project of this nature in this region . He said, “it will provide livelihoods to the people as well as help protect their land for reaping benefits of fodder and trees in the future”. Minister of State for Youth Affairs Mr. Mangilal Garasia, our Trustee Mr. Ajay Mehta and our Chief Executive Priyanka Singh were also present at the inauguration.
Mr. Ajay Mehta expressed his gratitude to Mr. Singh for allowing civil societies opportunities of these kinds. He also congratulated both of the villages for choosing an idea of mass development other than personal growth at this opportunity.
Ms. Priyanka Singh said “MNREGS is the world’s biggest employment generation program. By giving space to a Non Government Organization, Rajasthan’s State Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Government has started a new journey in the field of development under this scheme. Seva Mandir will execute 32 works spread in a pasture land area measuring 650 hectares at a cost of Rs. 2.25 crore under the MNREGS”.
Also see the news coverage by The Hindu : Rajasthan to Develop Pastureland under MGNREGS now.