Want to Understanding Development Challenges in Rural India?
Seva Mandir is organizing a course on “Understanding Development Challenges in Rural India”. The course provides a glimpse into the challenges of development in India. The course is structured to allow students to dwell on the conceptual understanding of these challenges through a hands-on involvement with initiatives that seek to address them.
Duration- 6th January to 7th February, 2014
We are looking for 3-5 Indian students pursuing or completed studies in social science, development or similar fields, to attend the course. We are open for students from other faculties, if found reasonably interested. The preference will be given to students from Udaipur.
The student should-
• Have keen interest towards learning on rural development
• Have good communication skills, and command in English
• Be willing to travel and stay in field offices with modest facilities
• Educational background in relevant sectors if preferred
• Be ready to assist a group of 3-4 foreign students, offer them support of interpretation and understanding the local context.
Lodging and boarding facilities during field stays and lunch during classroom days will be provided by us. The students will receive participation certificates on successfully completing the full course.
Interested students will have to send an application and CV to Ms. Mansi Vora on email@example.com. Selection will be done based on a written exam and interview. After selection, one-day orientation will be organized for them.